Sculptra and Restylane are two of the most popular cosmetic treatments currently available for adding volume, getting rid of wrinkles and restoring a youthful look to the face.
Dr O’ Daniel has treated countless patients with both Restylane and Sculptra and is a top 100 doctor for these treatments thanks to extremely high patient satisfaction and high quality end results.
Although Sculptra and Restylane treatments are offered at many clinics across the country, there are keys to using them effectively to achieve the best results. Let’s look at Sculptra first…
Below are some of the key secrets to getting great results with Sculptra
- Depth of injection – The primary purpose of Sculptra is to stimulate new collagen production in the bodyresulting ina fuller and more youthful face. One of the keys to achieving this is injecting at the right depth. This requires skill, precision and experience.
- Injection technique – The injection technique used is also extremely important to achieving great results with Sculptra.The needle needs to first be injected into the deep dermal plane. It should then be lowered by 10-20° so it can be advanced further into the skin while staying in the deep dermal plane. This again takes a great deal of precision and skill.
- Proper aftercare – Just as important as the correct administering of Sculptra is proper aftercare. This means massaging the treated area(s) for at least 2 minutes after the administering of the filler. Patients are also advised to massage the treated areas at home for 5 minutes, 5 times per day after the session to allow for the best results.
- The right level of correction – A big key togetting natural looking results with Restylane is to only correct up to 100% and no further in order to achieve the desired level of volume. If further correction is needed then this can be achieved by stretching the skin, rather than administering more of the filler.
- Injection technique – This is extremely important. Restylane is administered using the linear threading injection method. This means injecting filler into the centre of the wrinkle or fold. This can be done either when the needle is being retracted or advanced, depending on the preference of the surgeon.
- The correct injection angle and depth – Another vital part of getting a great result using Restylane is ensuring that the injection angle and depth are correct. The needle is inserted at approximately 30° parallel to the length of the area being treated. The depth that the filler is injected at will depend on whether it’s being used to combat lines or wrinkles; or to add volume to the lips.