Breast augmentation is one of the most popular forms of cosmetic surgery. Many women around the world opt for the surgery each year as a way to increase their confidence and have a more positive self-image.
How breast augmentation surgery is performed
Breast augmentation surgery is a fairly simple procedure in principle but requires a great deal of skill and finesse to get the best results. Below are the main steps involved –
- Incision – First an incision is made below the breasts so the implants can be put in place. Great care is taken to ensure that the scars are minimal in size and are hidden from view.
- Implant placement – The next step is to place the implants. Proper placement of the implants is vital for getting natural looking results. The implants are placed under the breast tissue and chest muscle to achieve a well balanced look and feel.
- Stitching – After the implants have been placed, the incisions are then sutured and dressed.
Who makes a good candidate for breast augmentation surgery?
In order to qualify as a good candidate for breast augmentation surgery, you should meet the following criteria –
- Be in good physical health – Being in good physical health means you should be close to your ideal weight and also be free of any serious medical conditions that might interfere with your ability to recover from the surgery.
- Be certain of your reasons for getting surgery – Having breast augmentation surgery is a big decision so you should be sure that you’re getting it for the right reasons. A sound and very common reason for getting surgery is because you are self-conscious about the size of your breasts and want to increase your confidence.
- Be able to afford the surgery – You should also be sure that you can afford the surgery. As much importance as you might place on having breast augmentation surgery, you should not put yourself in financial difficulty to pay for it.
When you book a consultation with Dr O’Daniel, you’ll be able to have all your questions answered and he’ll be able to assess if you’re a good candidate for surgery. You’ll be able to discuss things such as size and types of implants.
If you’d like to book a consultation for breast augmentation surgery or just ask a question then feel free to get in touch.