Louisville Facelift Facts Part 1 – Am I a good candidate?
If you feel that the appearance of the skin on your face and neck is making you look older than you should, it may be time to consider a facelift. Facelifts can be a great way to reduce the appearance of aging and rejuvenate sagging facial skin.
Patients who experience the most noticeable results from a facelift have:
- Deep creases around nose and corners of mouth
- Sagging skin on cheeks and lower face, jowls
- Decreased definition in jaw line
- Double chin
- Sagging skin on neck
- Lines and/or creases on forehead
Though it is a relatively simple process, a facelift is still a surgical procedure using a general anesthesia and should be treated with caution.
Ideal candidates for a facelift should:
- Be in good general health
- Not smoke – smoking before and directly after the procedure can lengthen recovery time and increase the risk of complications
- Be honest and upfront about your medical history
- Inform Dr. O’Daniel of any medications you are taking
- Follow aftercare instructions closely
- Understand the risks and benefits associated with the procedure
Before your surgery, Dr. O’Daniel will talk with you about your specific facelift goals and give you a realistic idea of what types of changes you can expect. While we have achieved some remarkable results in our office following facelift surgeries, it is important to remember that a facelift will not change defining characteristics of your facial structure. The process is meant to take years off the appearance of your skin, but it is not designed to change your natural facial features.
Next – Facelift facts part 2 – choosing the right facelift surgeon